Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 Filtration Media
Supplied in a bulk sack
Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 Filtration Media Offers a huge amount of surface area despite it compact design. As the name suggests this media is perfect for filling large static/moving filter chambers. This is a brilliant Mechanical and Biological Filtration media; it has a large surface area allowing Bacteria to colonies while collecting debris and plant material from the pond with no compromise water flow.
Air care products (manufactures of the Bio-Plas range) told us when designing the Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 their main focus was maximizing surface area on a small footprint. Bio-Plas COMPAC was carefully designed in such a shape that offers the maximum amount of surface area. The unique shape also helps each piece of media interlock in a tight formation increasing surface area in even the smallest of filter chambers
• Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 has a surface area of 200sqm per cu m
• Each piece of Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 is 38mm DIA x 16mm
• In every 20 litres of Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 there is approximately 707 pieces of filtration media
• Bio-Plas COMPAC 200 will offer the best filtration properties of any media on the market.
• The colour will be Black
• A free Bio-Plas sack will be received with every 20 litre
Bio-Plas Filtration Media Range
How it works
Bio-Plas Filtration Media works by providing a perfect place for a delicate eco-system to develop. Bio-Plas Filtration Media provides a large surface Area for the bacteria involved in the nitrification process to grow. It is this process which removes harmful ammonia and nitrite from the water
The Bio-Plas range contains 6 different types of media;
1. Bio-Plas Micro
2. Bio-Plas Slo-Flo
3. Bio-Plas Volume
4. Bio-Plas Mega-Flo
5. Bio-Plas COMPAC 200
6. Bio-Plas COMPAC 300
All of which has been purposely made for different jobs when it comes to filtration. All media in the Bio-Plas group range in size, buoyancy and colour
Why a plastic filtration media?
Plastic filtration media has many advantages?.
• Plastic filtration media is sterile
• Plastic filtration media will not bio degrade making it a great investment for any filter system due to it lasting a lift time.
• Bio-Plas filtration media is made from 100% recycled plastic
Litre of Media converted to a volume
20 liters = 20000cm3
100 liters = 100000cm3
1000 liters = 1000000cm3 (1metre cm2)
If a bulk order is needed (2000 Liters+) please contact us directly so we can discuses lead times, colour, pricing and delivery